[TR] Missing parts of an Angle Drive

John Mitchell jmitch at snet.net
Thu Jul 17 19:18:43 MDT 2008

    On a long drive last weekend, my speedometer suddenly stopped
working, so I figured a cable had broken.  Tonight I checked and both
cables(1976 model) are fine.  So I then figured the cable inside the
angle drive had snapped.  When I pulled it off tonight, all that was
left was the housing.  The internal parts were missing.  Is the inner
mechanism pressed into the housing or does the set screw hold things
together?  I had always thought the set screw just held the part
attached to the cable from changing angle.  Does that screw need to be
snugged after installation?  Thanks for any insights.   John Mitchell
76 TR6