[TR] Fluif on the brake shoes!

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jul 14 22:01:54 MDT 2008

> What is the collective wisdom of the list on this point?  Are
> they ruined, never to be saved?

IMO, the linings are ruined; assuming of course that you want rear brakes
that work properly.  I've tried pretty much all the old remedies at one time
or another, and they do sometimes seem to work; but I've never been able to
get *all* the fluif out of the linings.  As soon as you need them (ie the
brakes get good and hot), there will be some more come out to spoil the
effect.  And premature brake fade is no fun at all ...

>  These are riveted shoes,
> 10", can someone re-line the set at a reasonable cost?

My local FLAPS only charged about $25+tax to do a set of shoes for me in
standard material; or TSi will do them in 'Kevlar' for about $50+S&H.

Randall