[TR] Fluif on the brake shoes!

Kinderlehrer Kinderlehrer at comcast.net
Mon Jul 14 20:39:27 MDT 2008

We had a club project to bring a long still car back to life and one of the
problems was saturated brake shoes. We had a set  relined, but the linings
were too thick to get the drums back on and we didn't want to take the time
to get them re-arched, so we took the originals and put them in boiling
water for 20 minutes. Cleaned up just fine. They weren't riveted but don't
think that would make a difference.
Bob