[TR] New Tach & Speedo Cables-TR3

Ibsen Dow flashtr3 at cox.net
Mon Jul 14 10:32:51 MDT 2008

 I just replaced the old o.d. speedo and the tach cables for my gauges from
Moss. The old ones were causing the tach needle to jump around and the speedo
was not working much better. After replacing them both everything is working
fine, but I was wondering what is the preferred lubricant or fantasize
compound to lubricate new mechanical cables. I used powdered graphite before
installing these, because, when I pulled the inside cable out of the cable
housing it seems to be dry with no lubricant. Is this standard or is the cable
already prelube with some impregnated lubricant?

Regards,
Ibsen
'59 TR3
'71 TR6