[TR] VTR Convention Route 12 Eastbound in Michigan

N197TR4 at cs.com N197TR4 at cs.com
Mon Jul 14 08:32:26 MDT 2008

List,

I just returned from the east coast by way of Detroit.  I have thought about
State Hiway #12 in Michigan in the past. This time I drove it.

If you are eastbound to the convention, I recommend getting off of the
interstates and pick up #12 by at least South Bend exit.  Meandering asphalt with
trees, antigue shops, restaurants, mom & pop motels, lakes.  Usually only small
towns that are neat and feature great old houses.

I may never use the Interstate for this segment, again. No tolls, no trucks.

Harold's Place is a good restaurant. (Onsted Road and #12)

Joe A.   </HTML>