[TR] coil failure

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Sun Jul 13 05:56:53 MDT 2008

In a message dated 7/13/2008 12:16:21 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mikedenman at sbcglobal.net writes:

It was  probably 10 years ago when I read in an industry newspaper that
the  people who manufacture automobile ignition coils estimate that 90
percent of the ignition coils that are replaced have nothing wrong
with them. I don't recall much else about the article, like how they
reached that conclusion, but I do think about it whenever I am  tempted
to replace a coil.

8% are standing on the side of the road insisting that there is nothing
wrong with the coil, and 2% are replacing them.

BTW for those who may not know, 46.8% of all statistics are made up at the
time they are quoted.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO