[TR] Fwd: Coil failure

Skip Gurnee skip47 at clearwire.net
Fri Jul 11 16:23:54 MDT 2008

Hi Mark-
When my TR4 was new, I was told that coils don't like heat or vibration, so
Triumph mounted them on the engine where they could get the most possible of
both.  I simply moved the coil over to the fender well.  If you're not a
purist, it looks like it belongs there, it's an easy modification -two
drilled holes- and I don't remember ever having a coil fail.
This is more about prevention, and does not dispute the other answers you've
received.  If you're failing several, the likely fix is what's already been
offered from the List.
Best,
Skip Gurnee
64 TR4