[TR] fuel gauges

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jul 7 22:18:43 MDT 2008

> Not sure he is wrong, mines a post 64000 and had a TR4 (I
> think) gauge in it that works fine, I just picked up a couple
> over the years that look more correct (but don't work nearly as well).

A conversion, IMO.

I do not believe even the TR3B (produced after the start of TR4 production)
had the voltage stabilizer from the factory, as required by the later type
gauges.

Note that the TR4 fuel gauge also takes a completely different sender, and
none of the catalogs mention there being more than one type of sender for
TR3/A/B.

Randall