[TR] Hot Body, filler

Brian Induni 308gtsi at roadrunner.com
Mon Jul 7 12:31:27 MDT 2008

Mike,

Something many people do wrong is to apply body filler over bare metal.
Remember, plastic filler is PORUS and this means it likes to absorb
moisture, and moisture likes to turn metal in to iron oxide... rust! I've
always had excellent results with applying a couple of coats of 2-part epoxy
primer over bare metal, then doing all the body work. You'll need to rough
up the primer before applying the filler, but that's easy - just don't go
thru to bare metal.

BTW - all filler is not equal! When I was a 15 year old kid, all I could
afford was Bondo. Now, older and wiser (and able to afford a little higher
quality) I use Evercoat Rage Gold. Huge difference!

Brian
67 TR4a

Message: 8