[TR] Hot Body, filler

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Jul 7 12:11:36 MDT 2008

In a message dated 7/7/2008 10:56:33 AM Central Daylight Time,
Brian.L.Jones at gsk.com writes:
> Two thoughts Dave:
>
> 1) There will be a range of acceptable paste:hardener proportions. Head
> for the lower amounts of hardener and you'll have more working time. Make
> sure you mix well.
>
> 2) Don't spend time cleaning the mixing board and spatula. Find disposable
> alternatives. I've used plastic document sleeves before, and plastic
> packaging. Find a disposable spatula. Lolly Ice sticks seem workable. I've
> used scrap wood trim before. Then you'll only have the spreader to clean.
> The more flexible your spreader, the easier it is to break off the
> hardener. Use two spreaders. Let one harden while you spread with the
> other. Then bend spreader to flex off the hard filler.

How about:
3) Keep the paste can in an air conditioned space where it will remain cool
until you are ready to use it.  It will stay cool long enough for you to mix it
and apply it.  Once it hits the hot sheet metal it will accelerate cure but
then that would be a good thing.

Dave Massey