[TR] hot body filler

FGFO1 at aol.com FGFO1 at aol.com
Sun Jul 6 14:23:33 MDT 2008

Has any one got any tips on how to slow down the cure time of body filler in
the heat of summer?
I live in the California desert and temperatures are 100+ now.
Mixing no more than you can use restricts me to an amount equal to about 2
golf balls volume.
Cleaning the mixing board, spatula and spreader take more time than the
application.
I tried putting the filler in the refrigerator over night. This slows down
the cure rate to a usable condition. however the moment one opens the can
condensation occurs and I don't think its a good idea to mix water into the filler.
Next I tried keeping the can in the utility sink filled with water to a level
just above the contents but below the lip of the can. After a 24 hour soak
and a rust mark at the bottom of the sink it did not do a lot to help.
IM using Rage gold filler. Evercoat says they do not product a "slow" cream
hardener.
what are you guys doing?
thanks
Frank Fisher