[TR] Electrical Gremlin

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Thu Jul 3 18:16:09 MDT 2008

Hello everyone.

The car is a '59 TR3A.

Both brake lights and fuel gauge not working.

Power to the brake switch.  Wipers and Turn signals both work, so the connections to the fuse must be okay.

So question.  While the schematic shows the circuits for the fuel gauge and brake lights are separate, do they in reality share a common green power line, and is that where I should be seeking the open/short?

I could tear the wire harness apart to find out, but would prefer to isolate the section to do that.

As always, thank you all!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire