[TR] TR4 Voltage Reg/Igniton Light

Geo & Kathleen Hahn ahwahnee at cybertrails.com
Wed Jan 30 12:34:41 MST 2008

Looking inside the control box I learned a bit more about what is happening
and thought I'd mention that before making any adjustment or performing the
tests in the Lucas Fault Manual.

I find that the cut-out relay is still maintaining a slight magnetic field
when the ignition is switched off.  I can feel it if I offer a screwdriver
blade to the top of the coil.  The pull is not strong enough to pull the
tongue of the contact down but it is strong enough (just barely) to hold it
if I press it down.

Removing the battery ground cable eliminates the magnetic pull so I know
this is not some residual ghostly magnetism lingering there.

Does this still suggest the adjustment mentioned or is something else at
work?

Thanks.

Geo