[TR] Cleaning Lucas Switches

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 25 21:33:14 MST 2008

We have recently been on the topic of cleaning gauges, how about switches?

I am getting ready to clean the switches for my TR3, most of which I am
sure have not seen current in 30 some odd years. Any tips or things to
watch out for? I am armed with CRC contact cleaner and CRC dielectric
grease but haven't started the process yet.

A couple of them (such as the brightness control for the panel lights)
have blind push buttons for attaching the knobs and the buttons are
stuck pressed in. Any tips for getting them to pop back out? The ones
with the exposed springs on the opposite side are not a problem.

Thanks,

Mike