[TR] Authentic choke cable, TR4

Geo & Kathleen Hahn ahwahnee at cybertrails.com
Thu Jan 24 16:17:09 MST 2008

A problem with the original cables & the repros is that if you withdraw the
knob & cable too far (a foot or so should do it) that little D-shaped piece
Randall describes can fall out.  It is so tiny many folk never realized they
have lost something, but they soon discover that their knob doesn't lock.

I too have made the piece (proof positive that it is dead easy) though this
task is much simpler if you have a good one to use as a guide.  It's sort of
like the smallest woodruff key you can imagine.  As I recall, it fits in a
slot that is under that springy metal band.  With the cable full in you
slide the band back, insert this D-piece and then return the band to where
it was... and DON'T pull the cable way out again.

Geo