[TR] TR6 gauge cleaning - any advice?

Lanoway, Brian Brian_Lanoway at standardaero.com
Thu Jan 24 08:34:09 MST 2008

I've got all the gauges out of my TR6 as I get ready to install my new
Prestige Autowood dash.  The new dash is so damned nice that I'm now
highly motivated to make sure everything I put into it doesn't detract
from this work of art.

Any tips on cleaning the chrome rings, gauge faces, glass etc. on my TR6
gauges?  Are there any products that are well suited to this?  Is there
anything else I should consider before I install my new wood dash?  I am
by the way putting in new crash pads around the dash cause my current
ones all of a sudden look shabby.

Thanks much in advance,

Brian Lanoway
1973 TR6