[TR] 14 inch wheels on Spit or GT6? {Scanned}

Aribert Neumann aribert.neumann at edag-us.com
Mon Jan 21 10:43:22 MST 2008

Baby needs new shoes before next year's driving season is over - there is
still about 1/8 to 3/16 tread depth left but I don't like to run a tire to
much less than 1/8th inch depth.  Currently the car has stock Spitfire
wheels with a 175/70R13 tire.   I am considering going to a 14 inch wheel.

Anyone out there run 4 inch wheels on either a Spit or GT6?  What tire size
did you get away with? If they were aftermarket wheels, do you remember the
backspace & offset?  I am considering  Superlight wheels (similar to
Pannasport), see URL.
http://www.packracingproducts.com/acatalog/Spitfire.html   If I go with a
larger wheel, I am thinking that there might be an opportunity to move the
caliper and go with a larger rotor.  Anyone been down this route with a
Spit or GT6?

What else might look period correct?

71 GT6, Spit body, 2.5L warmed over,  Weber 40DCOEs, Mazda 626/RX7 diff
(similar to GRM's Ro-Spit diff)

--
believed to be clean.