[TR] Super/Turbo charging a TR 4 pot? (was Classic Motorsports Article on Supercharged TR6)

Rick patton at suscom-maine.net
Sat Jan 19 08:31:42 MST 2008

> Behalf Of John Herrera
snip
> Seems to me that superchargers on fuel-injected car engines would
> compress the air before it is mixed with fuel, but what do I know?
>
> Does anyone know?
>
> Curious,
>
> John H.

Hello John,

I have supercharged and fuel injected my TR6 and it compresses the air
before adding fuel. It's certainly been a challenge but the results are a
0-60 time of 5 seconds with no lag at all. There's not much more that I can
do to the original engine and keep it in one piece. Right now it is
distributorless full sequential multi-port fuel injected supercharged and
intercooled. Runs about 8 to 8.5 ps of boost and flywheel horsepower is near
200.

A unique feature is that the throttle is between the blower and the intake
and that allows me to run without the blower. The blower is an Eaton M62 set
up for use in a Mercedes C2 series with an electric clutch just like an air
conditioner. With a flick of a switch it goes from mild to wild.

You can see the set up at http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/superengine.htm

Rick Patton
1975 TR6sci
Brunswick, Maine