[TR] TR3A low mounted 3rd brake light??

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 17 17:05:37 MST 2008

John Wise wrote:
But in
> our LBCs there is really no place high enough to be near t eye level
> of the guy behind you - particularly if she is riding in an SUV.

John, a friend here in the UK has been shunted twice in his Spitfire and has come up with a neat
solution, though I'm not totally sure it's fully legal. It definitely works! As we often drive
top-up in the UK, Peter has rigged a fog lamp on a hinged bracket just inside the rear window. The
lens has been painted red and the bulb is a 100 watt halogen for off-road use. The whole is tilted
slightly upwards to ensure widespread spread at windscreen level about 60 feet behind the Spit. It's
not too unlike looking at a (red) aircraft landing light at very close quarters! Idea?

Jonmac