[TR] still control head stuck-on

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Tue Jan 15 18:38:11 MST 2008

Paul,
Does the "silvery indicator" return to center when the wheel is  returned?
(the indicator goes on top)  From your post I would guess  you may not know
that.  This is why I ask.  My stator tube was  broken just a little South of the
control head and the broken end was buggered  sufficiently so as to make it
difficult to remove the control head with the  little set screws out.  If the
stator tube is broken the "silvery  indicator" will not return to center.
If this is not the case,  I bet that drilling out that little  bugger of a
set screw is only tightening it further because the drill is  turning in the
tightening direction.  There is such a thing as a left hand  drill bit and you
put the drill in reverse.
That you can slide it from 3/16 to 7/16 tells me that it is not the  set
screw that is the issue.  If it were, I would think it would not  move very much
at all.

Just my 2 Euros worth

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L