[TR] How Many Gearheads Does it Take to Put in a Tranny?

Bob Rochlin r_rochlin at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 15 07:21:22 MST 2008

My experience is that it takes two gearheads to take out a transmission and
two or three to put  one back in depending of if it's overdrive or non
overdrive.  With the overdrive Transmission I like to have two gearheads
under the car supporting the transmission and lining it up and one in the
car maneuvering the transmission and turning the tail flange to line up the
main shaft with the clutch plate.
	In my opinion its not worth the chance of messing up the main shaft
or something else by trying to remove/replace the transmission without
adequate help.

Bob Rochlin

'72 TR6