[TR] Clutch Replacement

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jan 14 23:05:22 MST 2008

> My gearbox had old bushings installed that were
> almost half the size of the opening the slide into.?

Those are, I believe, the stock bushings for a TR6.

> New ones
> from TRF were almost twice as big, offering a greater area
> for the cross shaft to rotate on.?

Those would be the RH bushing from a TR2-4, I believe, P/N 36998.  I agree,
a worthwhile upgrade.  I also like to add grease zerks so the bushings can
be lubed if the shaft doesn't already have them.  Don't know about a TR6,
but the Stag doesn't have enough room for the TR3-style zerks on the shaft,
so I put them in the housing instead.

Also a good time to replace the pilot bearing; and make sure the "dowel
bolts" are present.

Randall