[TR] Off topic, pressure washers

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 12 08:23:49 MST 2008

On Friday 11 January 2008 10:53 am, Phil Bacon wrote:
> Listers:
>    This is off topic, but I hope some listers will respond.  Am thinking of
> purchasing a gas powered pressure washer for home use.   Any suggestions?
> The electric ones are useless for patio/driveway cleaning etc.  What's the
> preference, direct or belt drive?  Anything to look out for?  Desireable
> features?  There seem to be a jillion brands, set-ups out there...very
> confusing.
> Mandatory LBC content....I've heard these are great for cleaning wire
> wheels.....Thanks
> Phil Bacon, 72 TR-6

Phil,

I got a Troy Built 2450 PSI 2.5 GPM unit at lowes about 4 years ago.

It has a Honda 5.0 OHC engine and came with 4 tips + cleaner feed.

It has worked great around the house. Cleaning the driveway after winter, the
deck and furniture, vinyl sidiing etc.

I have never tried it on the 4's wire wheels but will give it a shot this
spring! That is a good idea.

It is a very compact unit.

1 accessory I did get was a sand blaster to be used as a water powered
blaster. That worked great on my brother's cast iron furniture we did 2
summers ago.

No home should be with out a power washer!

Bob