[TR] Off topic, pressure washers

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jan 11 14:39:03 MST 2008

> That is when I discovered that it
> requires much more
> pressure at the input than whar our area provides.

Interesting.  I'm pretty sure the one I have will actually lift water a
short distance; as it will collapse the garden hose if it doesn't get enough
flow.  However ISTR the manual says it needs 20 psi at the inlet.

The screen at the inlet was also a problem, until I replaced it with a much
larger filter assembly.  I only get a moderate amount of crud in the water
(scale flaking off 40 year old pipes, probably) but the least little piece
would cause problems with the original screen (one of those hose washer
things).

I think it's an Ex-Cell, but I don't see it on their web site.  Vertical
shaft Honda motor, rated something like 2.5 gpm @ 2500 psi.  Does take a
little caution when using, but mostly that means starting with the nozzle
set to the "wide fan" position and only narrowing it as necessary.  How much
force the surface sees also depends greatly on how far away you are ...
needle spray at 6" will definitely damage wood but the wide fan at 6' won't
even hurt your skin.

Randall