[TR] Off topic, pressure washers

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Fri Jan 11 11:44:16 MST 2008

Since I am only 50 miles from the Mexican Border, perhaps it is contageous!
Our water tank sits on a berm built by the Asarco mining company and it is
probably only 50 feet or so above our house.  That accounts for the poor
water pressure.

In my case, the Karcher electric unit works fine but the one a friend
brought over to fix for him doesn't.  It is a gas one and after I tuned up
his engine so that it will start and run well, I encountered the problem I
described.  I went on-line and downloaded an owner's manual and
troubleshooting guide.  That is when I discovered that it requires much more
pressure at the input than whar our area provides.  The guy had previously
taken the unit to a professional repair place in Tucson and they said there
was nothing wrong with it.  When he got it home and tried it, he experienced
the same thing.  My conclusion is that the only way he would get it to work
is move!  :)

Joe