[TR] Trying to figure out if a luggage rack is stainless or chrome

Todd Bermudez red_tr250 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 8 08:13:47 MST 2008

Hi Jim,

One way to tell if it's the original chrome version...the horizontal bars
(meaning side to side) are not perfectly round...they have a flat spot (as if
they were round & then squished) on both top & bottom.  The stainless repops
are round.  I've noticed some of the repops...they're just not built as
nice...some of the welds aren't as clean as the original.

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez
6-PACK Editor> From: jimhearn1 at comcast.net> To: triumphs at autox.team.net> Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2008 17:39:23 -0800> Subject: [TR] Trying to figure out if a
luggage rack is stainless or chrome> > When I bought my '74 TR6, it had a
luggage rack. It looks exactly like the> one Moss sells and the dimensions
match as well. Moss sells these as> stainless steel but they sure look like
chrome to me. Of course, if it is> stainless, I can polish it and make it
beautiful but if it is chrome and I> polish it like it was stainless then I'll
ruin it. It is not in bad shape> at all but it definitely will take more
polishing than I could do to chrome.> Does anyone have any experience with
these luggage racks and know how to> tell what material they are?> > Thanks,