[TR] Trying to figure out if a luggage rack is stainless or chrome

jim hearn jimhearn1 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 7 18:39:23 MST 2008

When I bought my '74 TR6, it had a luggage rack.  It looks exactly like the
one Moss sells and the dimensions match as well.  Moss sells these as
stainless steel but they sure look like chrome to me.  Of course, if it is
stainless, I can polish it and make it beautiful but if it is chrome and I
polish it like it was stainless then I'll ruin it.  It is not in bad shape
at all but it definitely will take more polishing than I could do to chrome.
Does anyone have any experience with these luggage racks and know how to
tell what material they are?

Thanks, Jim
Sacramento