[TR] TR4A sale values to contest insurance company ??valuation

BearTranserv at aol.com BearTranserv at aol.com
Mon Jan 7 11:18:46 MST 2008

In a message dated 12/26/2007 12:17:27 PM Mountain Standard Time,
pfischer at rmi.net writes:

However,  since we all are a little shaky on the terms - agreed vs.
stated - it's  very important to ask the question of your agent: Which do
I have on my  car? And what happens if...?

Pat

I know I'm late chiming in, but I don't have either stated or agreed value
on my cars.  They call it, I think, replacement value.

My wife just wrecked the 93 Toyota Celica, 55000 miles on it.  USAA,  in
about 10 days, sent us a check for $5700.00, and we got to keep the  car.  My
mechanic and body man is fixing it for a little under $3000.00 and  will respray
the entire car.

Since it stayed in my name, there should be no "salvage" title problems
either.

I haven't had a claim on the TR or MGs yet, but I anticipate similar  service.

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4

As he stared at her ample  bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg
carburetors in his vintage  Triumph, highly functional yet pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of  the intake manifold, aching for experienced
hands, the small knurled caps of the  oil dampeners begging to be inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter  seven of the shop manual.
Dan McKay