[TR] alignment, you dodo!

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Mon Jan 7 10:44:37 MST 2008

I am thinking that the Bentley Manual specification is still accurate for my
TR3A.  Is this true?  The reason I question it is that:  I am an amatuer, the
'60 TR3A proably has about 75,000 miles on it, and tire composition has
dramatically changed over the years.  Also does 165 vs. 185 tire width alter
this setting?
    I wish to ask about outer tie rod length.  The original manual says they
should be 7.68" (or almost 7 11/16ths inches).  I hate to sound like a
smart-elic(sp?), but, why is it adjustable if this is a 'given'.  And don't
just say, "alignment, you dodo!"

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
TS 71318L