[TR] [6pack] Tranny Tunnel

acekraut11 at aol.com acekraut11 at aol.com
Thu Jan 3 06:34:39 MST 2008

 Well, I discovered it after I had problems trying to go from the top down.? In a few places it is tight underneath to get the bolt up through but I was able to do it.? I also used stainless so I wouldnt have to worry about rust.? And I did attach the weatherstripping to the tunnel.? The other cool thing is that if you stick the bolts through before you install the gearbox you can reach through the opening while the car is on the ground without having to crawl under the car.? I would also recommend using a lock washer when you tighten the bolt from underneath since once you start tightening from the top after the bolt is in you can loosen the bolt.? And of course use a lock washer and flat washer on top.? I cant recall the length of the bolts I used but they were a bit longer than the stock ones provided in the fitting kit.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
http://www.triumphowners.com/108