[TR] Shoulder belts for TR4A

Paige, Dean DPaige at ci.santa-rosa.ca.us
Wed Jan 2 16:31:09 MST 2008

That definitely does not apply to a TR-6. The Kangols and similar
replacements are considerably below the top of the seat and even further
below the head rest. My shoulders are at least a foot above the wheel
arch mount.

In addition for us 6'5"ers, well my head is considerably above the head
rests on any car I have ever driven including my Jag. For us a severe
rear ender would likely break my neck with my head snapping back above
the head rest. Probably would be better to remove it entirely.

Deano

One does tend to sit pretty low in a convertible. Unless you're
extremely tall (especially from the waist up), it shouldn't be that
difficult to locate the shoulder belt mount high enough on the wheel
arch to be at or above shoulder  height.

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)