[TR] Fuel gauge follow up

John Gillis jgillis at tcd.ie
Fri Feb 29 10:51:05 MST 2008

Taking Randall's and other advice I have been testing the gauge with
the sender not in the tank, this allows me to move the float and
observe movement on the gauge. I had already fitted a separate earth
to the gauge as suggested and held the body of the sender to earth
while testing. The gauge appears to operate backwards, as I lift the
float the needle moves to empty, and vice versa. Having looked at the
web site suggested I do appear to have a different instrument,
although it is Jager with convex glass it has spade connections on the
back, could this be from early TR4?. I had this gauge fully restored,
if it is from a TR4 does it work in the same way? Hoping I have not
wasted good money on restoring this fella!
Regards
John