[TR] Engine Stand Help

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Wed Feb 27 12:49:13 MST 2008

I had the same quandary on my TR3 engine, same stand.

I got a scrap of 1/4" plate and cut it into a horseshoe shape about 4" wide
to cover all the transmission mounting bolts and expose the crankshaft.
Then using the trans case as a template I marked and drilled all the holes
in the plate along with four big 1/2" holes to hold the engine stand's
mounting bolts.

I don't have the engine or the plate close by or I would send you a picture.
If you have any questions about my description, just ask.

Bill

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO
"If I wasn't working all those years, I would not be able to afford a
Triumph!