[TR] Engine Stand Help

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Wed Feb 27 12:48:08 MST 2008

In a message dated 2/27/2008 11:37:47 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org writes:

just  assembled my cheapo Harbour Freight, hope I only have to use it one
time,  engine stand. I'm sure it's obvious to everyone but me
but..........how do  you bolt the engine to the stand? I know you use bolts
and nuts but where  on the engine is the attachment point? A picture is worth
a thousand words  so http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/EngineStand.htm  Do my
arrows show  the attachment points?

This is one of those things I want to get right  as I have visions on it
falling on the  floor....oops.

Thanks

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6  CF38503U

Bob,
My HF stand was built wrong. When assembled, the horizontal axis pointed
downhill instead of uphill. I had a local shop cut off the upright and reverse
it for me.The problem I had was when you removed the locking pin to rotate it,
you got into an ugly situation where the 600# (XK) engine was sliding
downhill!
Mike Moore

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)