[TR] Accelerator Bearing Kit

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Wed Feb 27 06:24:04 MST 2008

No financial interest here......just trying to help out a TR guy who has
responded to a need & is now producing a great kit. Back in January I
replaced my accelerator bearing with the original nylon ones and installed
the driver's side backwards. When I asked the Mail List for help a bunch of
you responded with the bronze bearing suggestion which I ordered. However,
the bronze bearings and locking collar need to be reamed out for proper fit
and the bearing is too long on the passenger side to allow use of the washer
and cotter pin. That was a red flag safety issue for me. I emailed Art Lipp
and he made a Delrin bearing kit for me. You can see it here
(http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/AcceleratorShaft.htm) and the final kit
components is at the very bottom of the page.

Just an FYI with NFI!

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection