[TR] Will I regret making these mods?

David Ljung Madison team.net at daveola.com
Tue Feb 26 12:03:14 MST 2008

> 2) I was thinking of ceramic coating the exhaust manifold. Although this
> might provide a modest benefit to performance, the primary appeal is
> cosmetic.

I had mine done by JetHot because the paint was peeling and also
because I wanted to reduce some heat in the engine bay.  It certainly
came out looking nicer, and I haven't noticed any changes in the
coating (it's been almost 5 years now).

Sadly, though, it does *not* come out as a "near chrome polish" as
JetHot claimed.  Here's before/after photos (third photo does the
best job of showing the finished result):

http://triumph.Daveola.com/Album/Manifold-Coating/

(Click on the medium size photo to get a full resolution
to see the surface of the manifold a little better).
It's too dull and bumpy to show any sort of reflection,
but it sure looks better than peeling paint.

Dave