[TR] TR6 Crankshaft Question

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Mon Feb 25 06:49:51 MST 2008

Folks,
Part of Herman's 5 Speed conversion kit includes a bronze pilot bushing that
goes into the hole on the end of the crankshaft on the flywheel side.
However, Herman's stock bushing doesn't fit my crank. We spoke last night on
the phone and I sent him a  picture
(http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/Crankshaft.htm) with measurements so he can
make me a new bushing. I know that there were 2 different crankshafts for
early vs late TR6's and it also looks like the Pilot Bushing on the '70-'76
TR6 was in the flywheel and not in the crankshaft. My Pilot Bushing is in
the flywheel. TRF shows a short type bushing ('70-'76) and a long type
bushing ('68-'70). My engine block is CF38133UE and I know the previous
owner had the engine rebuilt a few years before I bought the car but I have
no idea what he put in the block.

So does anyone have access to the end of their crank to take a few
measurements like I show in the picture at the link above? It would help me
and I know it would help Herman. I'd also be interested to know if the Pilot
Bushing is in the crank or the flywheel for your year TR6.

Thanks

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection