[TR] OT? McMaster Carr catalog available, NA residents {Scanned}

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Feb 22 15:16:59 MST 2008

> And you can not get a
> catalog until
> your yearly purchases at McMaster cross a certain threshold.
> On a metal
> working list that I am on, the reputed figure is about $3,000
> per year.

That's odd.  They gave me a printed catalog when I asked for one, and I
don't think I've ever spent $3000 with them, let alone in one year.  Perhaps
the difference is because I only requested a single catalog, rather than to
be placed on their mailing list ?

But having got it, I didn't find it as useful as the website (IMO).  With a
high-speed connection, you can page through the catalog right on your
computer screen; and the search engine works much better than a printed
index.  I'd offer to give it to anyone that wants it ... but ISTR I threw it
out.

Randall