[TR] OT? McMaster Carr catalog available, NA residents {Scanned}

Aribert Neumann aribert.neumann at edag-us.com
Fri Feb 22 14:07:58 MST 2008

Every now and then Randall makes mention that such and such hardware or
specialty tool can be found at McMaster Carr.  This catalog has the most
diverse industrial content that I know of (similar to Graingers but about
750 additional pages).   While they have a fine website, it is not quite
the same as paging thru the catalog.  And you can not get a catalog until
your yearly purchases at McMaster cross a certain threshold.  On a metal
working list that I am on, the reputed figure is about $3,000 per year.   I
get my yearly catalog from my wife who is friends w/ the guys in
Maintenance where she works (and they know of my various projects).  So
each year I get a one year old catalog and then I progressively replace the
older catalogs in my study, work office and workshop.

If  you would like to have my oldest catalog, version 109 (I think 113 is
the current one, so this one is about 4 years old) - it is free for the
cost of shipping - UPS ground from 48036, probably weighs 7 to 10 lbs.

I would strongly prefer that the catalog go to someone who has need for it
and does not have access to one - I remember how precious the first old
McMaster cat. was to me, even though it was about a decade old when I got
it (the P/Ns don't change & Al Gore had yet to invent the internet).  So,
please don't ask for it if you are not involved in fabrication or the like.
And once you have it, and you really like it, you can always send a small
gratuity donation to our list host.

I am in digest mode so if interested, please send me an e-mail at:
aribert at c3net.

--
believed to be clean.