[TR] Scuttle vent rod

Brian Induni 308gtsi at roadrunner.com
Fri Feb 22 12:26:31 MST 2008

All,

I can't thank you enough for the info on the connector for the scuttle vent
rod to handle for my 4a! Now, as I promised, here's the process on getting
the rascal connected:

First, go get yourself a good rechargeable LED drop light - stays cool and
gives off a ton of light!

Remove the dash support bracket that runs underneath the glove box - 3
screws.
Remove the glove box - 6 screws. A bit of a tight fit past the heater hoses,
but it fits without destroying anything.
With the glove box door open and the glove box removed, you can see the hole
in the fire wall the rod will pass thru. It's to the left of the wiper box
access cover.
Make sure the rubber grommet is on the rod first, pass the "L" bent end thru
the hole and push the grommet in to place.
Slide the "L" bent end in to the hole in the vent cover hinge right near the
spring.
>From here, I had to bend the rod to fit it in to the connector in the handle
and then bend it straight after install.
Tighten the connector, try it out, and enjoy not having to reach over the
windscreen to open the vent! Kinda tricky going down the highway...
In all, took me about 30 minutes.

Brian