[TR] Scuttle vent rod connector

Ibsen Dow flashtr3 at cox.net
Thu Feb 21 08:37:11 MST 2008

Bob,
I just did my scuttle plate assy recently on my TR3A. You are right, you need
patience, however, you do not need to remove the dash in order to insert the
scuttle rod. Good news. However, if you going to replace the rubber grommet
for the rod, you will need to remove the glove box. Bad news. It gives you a
view of the opening hole & allows you to feel with your left hand pushing the
grommet in & your right hand (around to the scuttle plate) to help align with
hole. Make sure the rod is in the hole first w/ the grommet inserted on the
rod, or you will push the grommet out of place with rod after the grommet has
been installed. That was the hardest part for me.
See you down the road... Ibsen