[TR] Scuttle vent rod connector

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 20 18:21:40 MST 2008

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 11:12 am, Brian Induni wrote:
> Thanks to all for the help! I guess I just needed to spend MORE time poking
> around the TRF site for the right info, you all saved me a lot of time and
> guessing! Can't justify paying so much shipping for a few dollars worth of
> parts, so I guess I need to add a few things to the order...
> I had a lot of requests for "how to connect" the connecting rod, so I'll do
> it and report back.
>
> Thanks again.
Brian,

I will be curious to read your "how to connect" instructions.

When I connected my vent last spring all I can remember is there was a lot of
colorful language used. My blood pressure must have been ready to pop a vein.

I am guessing it should be connected before you install all the gauge cluster,
wiring harness etc. Well it was the last thing I installed! Mistake??

There is no room to manipulate the rod and get it connected to both the lever
and the vent!

All I can say is the Triumph workers must have had small hands and a bit more
patience!

Bob