[TR] Engine Comparison?TR 4 Cyl vs. 6 Cyl Engine?

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Wed Feb 20 12:30:39 MST 2008

Wumper,
FWIW - my brother owned a TR250 and now a TR4A... not sure why, but he says
he likes the 4-banger motor better.. maybe the silky 6-pot is too refined for
such a bolt 'n rattle roadster..
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

Hopefully this question hasn't already been asked to death over the years...I
haven't been active on the list in eons. I am building a TR4A, and have
considered going the TR250 route and dropping a 6 cylinder in it, either a TR6
2.5L or possibly a GT6 2.0L. I am trying to determine the relative merits of
Triumph's 4 cylinder "tractor" motor (TR2-4A) versus its later inline 6, both
interms of performance *potential* and reliability.
Ideas to
please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL Living.

(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy
/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000
002598)