[TR] throttle shaft bushings

75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Tue Feb 19 17:34:16 MST 2008

Al,
I assume you're talking about the two shaft bearings that go through the bulkhead. If so, I just went through this with a certain degree of frustration. If you look closely at the bearings, you'll notice that one side is actually wider then the other side. By that I mean the hole opening that the shaft passes through has a tapered opening at one end. That means that the driver side bearing should be installed from inside the car and the passenger side from inside the engine bay. OR... you could do what I ended up doing.....I talked Art Lipp into making Delrin bearings that are a perfect fit and simple to install. You can see them here (http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/AcceleratorShaft.htm). I tried using the bronze bearings that others suggested and didn't like them for a few reasons, including safety.

Bob

The rubber bushings that go on the Carburetor throttle shaft:

Does the solid side go on the outside of the carb body or towards the inside.

I wasn't paying attention when I pulled the old ones out.

thanks

Al
http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs at autox.team.net