[TR] ENGINE RUNNING!

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 16:25:36 MST 2008

Paul,
1.  Number your questions (wink)
2.  190 for a freshly started motor is OK.  Some would say it's  OK for a
broken in motor running stationary for 20 minutes.
3.  That it rises after you shut it off is OK
4.  I would ditch the pressure tester and just see if it  overheats.  Looks
like it doesn't
5.  Figure of 8 is far from the weakest point in the system.  The  things are
clamped in at 105 ft lbs.
6.  I recall you said your water may have been rain from your motor  sitting.
7.  Did you find coolant in the oil after the 20 minute run?
8.  I think you are asking if you should tighten a radiator bung at 50  ft
lbs.  That is a lot for a radiator and you are likely to break something  IMO.

Whew!

That my take on the subject(s).

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L