[TR] Front apron woes

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Wed Feb 13 18:54:28 MST 2008

In a message dated 2/13/2008 4:58:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
MMoore8425 at aol.com writes:

If it  were my car, I would strip the apron from the car and remove
everything from it.

I would buy and have a brand new grill with me.  making sure Ihave whatever
fasteners are necessary to attach  it.
I would take that to my bodyman,possibly loosely held on the car with  a
couple of bolts. I don't know of anything he can do which would  keep it from

fitting the car though,

==AM==
Except that I see damage in several obvious spots, and I suspect there's
also damage in less obvious spots. With the bumper overriders bent back that
far, chances are there could be some damage to inner fenders. I'm no expert, but
some body people might want to do a "rough straightening" with the car
together,  and then disassemble, finish straightening, test fit, etc., etc. But I'd
say it  is doable, and it would be greatly preferable to big $$$ for a "new"
apron,  which might cost almost as much to fit and finish properly as it would
to  straighten this one. ;-)

Oh for the good old days, when one could be a Tasker Metal Products
replacement apron through J.C. Whitney for a couple hundred bucks.....

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

Awards. Go to AOL Music.