[TR] key series

Steven Newell steven at newellboys.com
Tue Feb 12 08:59:25 MST 2008

Bob wrote:

"Need to order some key blanks [for TR3A and TR4] but not sure what to
order."

A friend of mine, Sven, found that his TR4 ignition switch was worn
enough that about any small key, or the right screwdriver, would start
his car. This turned out to be lucky, since he misplaced his keys at the
lacrosse field one evening. A parent had a bunch of keys on a ring, and
a Master padlock key got the car going.

I want to emphasize that Sven has a new ignition switch, Lojack, a rabid
racoon that lives in the car, and several disabling switches hidden
around the TR4 so there's no need to stop by my, er, his driveway for a
quick joyride.

Steven Newell
Paris, France
'62 TR4 x 2 etc.