[TR] Triumph Trans-AmeriCan Charity Drive 2009

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 7 17:23:52 MST 2008

Listers

We're seventeen months out from the start of this crazy drive I'm planning on doing - but the event
actually GETS UNDERWAY this coming weekend.

As some may be aware, next Sunday is Triumph Spares Day in the UK and I know some listers are on
their way to the UK as I write. Glenn Merrell is one of them and Paul Higley from Red River Triumph
is another. So, to celebrate the start of the 2008 season, the UK spec Spitfire will be on the
Triumph Sports Six Stand at Stoneleigh, sporting appropriate Triumph Trans-AmeriCa signage (and
polish) to hopefully make as many people as possible aware of the launch of raffle ticket sales for
this stupendously restored car.

I went down to my garage this evening to make sure it was hale and hearty and decided to start her
in readiness for her trip on the trailer. Wriggled inside with difficulty, inserted key, pulled out
choke and twisted to start. Er unk, er unk er unk.

I'll be fitting a new battery tomorrow - and possibly a new alternator over the weekend. Maybe some
benevolent Stoneleigh trader may care to donate one? :)

Jonmac