[TR] Triumph Trans AmeriCan 2009 Charity Drive, January 2008 Donor Stag

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Fri Feb 1 17:09:01 MST 2008

Randall wrote:
> I'm in, but ... doesn't it seem odd that this car has languished for 5
> months at such an attractive price ?
>
>> I will be calling Jody Gorman this evening to find out the details
>>

> Hopefully that's the owner ...
>
> Randall
Fortunately one of our Club members in Georgia has received a bunch of
photos from the owner and talked to the owner on the car condition a
while back.  I am looking them over now.  The car, aside from being an
early sanction 1971 vehicle (early or mark I)  has a few issues but
considering it is to be restored, that is not a problem.  We could
discuss with the owner about a donation.

However, ISOA also has a nice 1973 Stag lined up for a purchase that is
$3300, and already in Illinois so transportation would be quite a bit
less cost and effort.

 So one way or the other, the pledges will be able to be spent toward
acquiring  a car for John.

I think this brings up the need to get an online pledge list rolling so
when the North American charity side of things is set up, we have a list
of pledges and can give proper tax deduction documentation for the
monies collected.  My goal there is to have those details sorted by the
end of February 2008.

I am happy to see such response toward this event at such an early
period.  Do keep it up as we get the final details ironed out.

Cheers!

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)