[TR] 'itsy-bitsy visability'

Jim Bauder jimbpps at cox.net
Sat Dec 27 19:10:47 MST 2008

One of the mod's I wanted to add to my TR250 when I installed Dan Master's
wiring harness was 'Daytime Running Lights'. I bought a 'DRL' Module from
VickyBrit for around $40.00 (probably more now!) I had a problem installing it
at 1st, so left it un-installed as I had several other very pressing issues
until a couple of weeks ago. I eventually found that I had to run the output
wire from the DRL to the head light wire directly thus bypassing the head light
relay circuit! It works like a champ!!

The theory of operation is that the module pulls power from the ignition switch
hot wire whenever the ignition switch is in the on position and sends an
electronically switched 12 VDC 'square wave' to the high beam head light
circuit. The duty cycle (or frequency) is such that the head lights are on at ~
75% intensity. A sense lead disconnects the module whenever the head lights are
turned on. When the ignition is turned off the module shuts the headlights off
after a ~ 20 second delay!

Jim
Jim Bauder
480-309-9525